Dining Internationally at Rio Mar
Thursday, March 21, 2013
6 to 8 p.m.
800 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 525-3474 http://www.riomarseafood.com
$55 for members; $60 for nonmembers (tasting menu, tax, tip, sodas & coffee included)
(Adult Beverages & a la carte separate)
RSVP REQUIRED (Space is limited, please RSVP early!)
WACNO presents an amazing tasting menu specially prepared for us by the Chef and Owner of Rio Mar. Dinner will be family style, guided by a speaker who will engage and enlighten out group as to the origin of each dish. Free parking is available after 6 pm on the street. Rio Mar is on the corner of Julia and S. Peters Streets, one block north of the Convention Center.
Our specially prepared tasting menu will feature:
- Empanadas “Ropas Viejas”
- Bacalaitos (salt cod fritter)
- Grilled Portuguese Octopus
- Garlic Steamed Mussels w/ chorizo
- Baked Oysters RioMar w/chorizo and spinach
- Piquillo Peppers stuffed with shrimp and kale
- Grilled Jumbo Shrimp w/ patatas
- Lechon: Slow roasted pork, beans and rice, avocado, guava slaw and plantains
- Grilled Gulf Fish of the Day Escabeche: Relish of onions, olives capers and peppers
- Saffron Rice w/Louisiana Gulf Shrimp: Spanish rice, garlic and shrimp stock
- Louisiana Black Drum: Shrimp stuffed plantain, mirliton coconut relish and creole salsa
- Grilled Hanger Steak: Over fried yuca, with vegetable of day and chimichurri
- Guava Cheesecake
- Tres Leches de coco
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
(WACNO welcomes you to enjoy all that Rio Mar has to offer. Please note: all adult beverages and a la carte options are at the guest’s discretion and are the guest’s sole responsibility. A separate ticket will be drawn by the restaurant, payable directly to the restaurant. The Member/Non-Member prices above are payable directly to WACNO and include the tasting menu, tax, tip, sodas, and coffee, but best of all – great company and stimulating convesation!)
Come join us for a casual night of fun, food, and learning at Rio Mar as we explore Spanish food and culture.
WACNO’s Dining Internationally program celebrates the diverse ethnic cuisines available in New Orleans. Local restaurants provide a special setting for members and friends of WACNO to meet and sample the flavors, smells, and cultural background of the restaurants home country.
A very popular program, Dining Internationally provides a unique way to learn more about the people of the world through food and fellowship. Information on the price, menu, and reservations will be posted soon. In the meantime, for more information on the Dining Internationally program, contact Flora Williams at email@example.com .